Friday, November 13, 2009

career exploration

Addictions Counselor – When it comes to getting a degree or certification you need for being an addictions counselor they say that many people have a bachelor’s degree or even a master’s degree or some people don’t even have any and training beyond a high school diploma. There are about eight schools in this state that I can get the education that I need to become this. The training is really whichever I choose it can go to college for two years or even four. The work that I will be doing is talking to people and making sure that they get over their harmful habits. I will be working about 35 to 40 hours or working part time is an option too. I will be earning 12.93 an hour when I first start off.

Child and Young Worker- When it comes to getting this degree, they say that you need to have some kind of degree in human services, sociology, or psychology. There are about over 30 schools that you can get a degree in this kind of stuff. It depends on how long you want to go school for it; you can go for two years or four years as well. You can either live in the facility with the youth or you can divide from office to the facility to private homes. I will be working 35 to 40 hours if full time. I would get paid 18.87 for when I first start off.

What I like about both of these is that they interest me in a lot of ways and I like different things about them. I like in addictions counseling that I’m helping people get over there tough times and showing them a different way. I like the way that Miguel, one of the people that tell how their jobs works, said everything because I really get what he does and that I think I can do everything with it. I like with child and young worker that I have options of picking the way that I work and how much I get paid when I first start out. I also enjoy that there’s more schools to pick from then there is for addictions counseling. But if I did I have to pick I would pick addictions counselor because I enjoy everything that happens and I believe I able to do everything with it too.

4 comments:

  1. i like the addictions counsling because i would want to be that, i like to help others with there problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child & young worker is a nice job when you do psychology

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be kind of hard working with little kids all day long

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just wanta get closer to the drugs

    ReplyDelete